Friday, April 9, 2010

Full-color monochrome...???

Now that's an oxymoron, isn't it! But I swear, that is what I ended up with yesterday! The day was a grey one. Socked-in, low, thick clouds produced a ton of snow, in a very short time. Combine that with what is already a fairly colorless time of year (bland late winter)... and voila! There you have it! Pictures taken with my camera setting on 'vibrant color' turned out nearly black'n'white. Go figure!


It was kind of pretty however, in an eerie sort of way. There was a point where the wind died down and the silence was... deafening. (Another oxymoron! I'm just full of them today!)


I did find it to be an interesting exercise in lighting, because I didn't realize just how much direct sunlight and a clear blue sky contributes to the colors on the ground, including the color of bodies of water. And with such heavy cloud cover, there are virtually no shadows!


Fun! In a different sort of way.
Cheers.

No comments: