Friday, July 3, 2009

Photo Browsing...

I've talked before about the RAW formats that can be used on my camera. And I decided that I prefer to leave my camera setting on Pentax's 'PEF' as opposed to the generic 'DNG'. The only thing I've always been a bit disappointed about, when it comes to the Pentax Photo Browser/Laboratory, is that when going through an initial viewing/editing of my RAW files, there is no delete function in the browser. This means that I either have to mark the files I do not wish to keep and batch delete them later, or close down the viewing window and delete the pictures one at a time. Very time consuming. So. Imagine my excitement when I recently downloaded Picasa 3... and found that it will browse my RAW files AND allow me to delete as I go!! It is fantastic!! Not to mention, it is free!! I still use the camera software to do my final editing, but Picasa 3 has cut my pre-edit time in half at least. How convenient! This great Google-based tool will view pretty much any RAW files, and it also has some basic editing capabilities which work well in a pinch. Considering that it doesn't cost anything, it's an impressive little program and I highly recommend it!
Cheers!

http://picasa.google.com/

No comments: