Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Cruel and unusual...






Okay... maybe not so much cruel... but definitely unusual! I must say, my favorite photos are of the random type - taken from odd angles, of not-so-ordinary subjects, maybe using a fun lens such as a fisheye or Lensbaby (http://lensbaby.com/). I enjoy pretty much anything that makes me think "Hey, is that ever different." Of course I understand there are technical aspects to the really great photographs in this world... but sometimes, in my opinion anyway, originality and creativity override things such as the rule of thirds, perfect exposure or tack-sharp focus. That being said, I have taken my share of 'standard' pictures for sure... but I prefer being abstract and recording things from a different point of view. I guess that's why I'd rather photograph objects or animals as opposed to formally photographing people... I've yet to have a bunch of flowers complain that I cut off their heads or underexposed them!!
Cheers!

No comments: