Saturday, September 6, 2008

I get around...?






Ha ha ha! Bet that post title made you look?! Recently, a friend made mention that judging by some of my photos, it seems that I "get around" (by transit of course! was his disclaimer...) Not only did that statement make me laugh out loud, it made me reminisce about some of my travels and evoked a serious yearning to go on another trip. I've been fortunate enough so far to see small portions of South and Central America, Mexico and the Bahamas, and I've been to many beautiful places in the U.S. and of course Canada. But the world is so huge... and in the big scheme of things, I really haven't been around at all!! The pyramids in Egypt... an African Safari... a trek through the Himalaya... a REAL Tazmanian Devil... Stonehenge... penguins in the Antarctic... the Galapagos Islands... my wish-list of things to do and see and photograph goes on and on and on!! It would be a dream come true if I could quit my job, sell everything (except my camera), and just GO! Can you imagine a better way to educate ones self and enjoy life? I can't. Right now however, I'm just not that brave - but I'm working on it!! In the meantime, I have a decent work schedule which allows a fair amount of time for travelling... and until the day comes that I'm ready to book my plane ticket with no fixed return date... I'm not going to complain - I'll just plan small trips and keep dreaming of the big one!!
Cheers.

No comments: